Be Kind to Your Skin

My son is a picker.  He loves to pick his scabs.  Gross, right?  I know.  I’ve tried to reason with him.  I’ve explained the health hazards.  I’ve told him about how it’s going to scar him if he keeps it up.  I’ve asked him to stop picking the bandages off and sticking them to the wall.

The thing is though…he is three.  None of what I have done to try to help him matters to him.  At. All.  He is a picker and nothing I do is going to change that…at this time.

So…I keep his finger nails short.  I keep his sisters finger nails short…because she likes to scratch him when he makes her mad.  More scabs to pick.

All I can do, for now, is to keep his injuries (relatively) clean and use some EO’s to support his skins own ability to heal.

Actually, I use this for any skin issue.  My skin got a bit red a few weeks ago when I was so busy trying to keep everyone else in the shade and protected from the sun that I forgot about myself.  I applied this blend every 4-8 hours and my skin healed without peeling.  I’m not one who burns badly by the sun but I do peel from time to time.

I use this blend on my face and neck before I go to bed, as well.  It feels lovely and smell amazing.  I've been blessed with very nice skin but I'm not going to let nice skin stand in the way of Great Skin!  When my husband cuts his face when shaving, this is the blend he goes to...'cause I tell him.  Use a very small amount.  A little goes a long way.

It is so nice to have something that I feel very comfortable with putting on my skin…and on my three year old son.

Skin Support Cream

1/4 cup Coconut Oil 
15 drops of Frankincense EO
20 drops of Lavender EO  

Mix together and store in a jar in the fridge if you want it more solid.  Use a spoon (or whatever you want) to dish out the amount you want to use.


Essential Oils while I write.


I keep a small jar of this blend in my room to have on hand when my boy and I are snuggling.  Perfect time to put it on his “wounds.”  Best thing, it doesn’t sting!  He loves it!


Can you believe this is the first time I've seen that little heart on my table?

If you wonder where you can buy your own Young Living Essential Oils.



Comments