A Bit of My Life

Life, as always, is full of ups and downs.


Lately, we have been riding a roller coaster that has given us whip lash...we will NEVER be the same.

Tumultuous, to say the least.

But...

...months later...

        ...I think that I can maybe smile again.

I might, someday, write about what all happened...but I might not.  Some things must stay close to your heart for a long time before they are understood by it...or, if not understood, worked through.


That being said...

We have adopted a stray cat.  Showed up here.  I think it was probably here before we came.  His/her name is Autumn Tammy.  I don't know how we came up with the name...just that is it.  It is a he/she because we have only just met and I don't think it is very polite to "look," yet.  And it is tail-less.



I had a cat when I was little who would ride on my shoulder whenever I was outside.  Even when I would ride my bike.  She would wait for me at the end of the lane, with my two dogs, when I came home from school.  Always wanted another cat that would ride on my shoulder!!

Autumn Tammy had been alone for a while and has issues with trust.  But not really.  He/she runs from us, then remembers we pet him/her and feed him/her...then he/she runs back to us for said pets until we move a bit too fast and he/she takes off again, only to repeat the whole thing again.

Our George cat hates him/her.

Can not believe it!  17 already!

We had a birthday this week!  My second born is now 17.  Eek!  I am so very proud of him.  He is truly becoming a man who is after God's own heart.  My heart swells whenever I think of him.  He helped put up the chicken fence with my mom and my oldest son, and me.  And we are working on the duck fence.


Speaking of fencing...
...we have need of putting the chickens and ducks inside of a fence because...

1. Ducks are seemingly clueless when it comes to the weather and will walk everywhere on the property, even when it is -20*C.

Ducks are so cool!

2. Ducks will still jump in open water when it is -20*C...if they can find it and if they can somewhat fit.  Ice forming on feathers is not something I want to see!!

AND 3...

WE GOT A PUPPY!!

Our beautiful puppy, Millie!

I will write a separate post about her but we are putting up a fence because she wants to play with the ducks and chickens.  Not so good.

Pallets are used for wind breaks.

On the plus side, no more duck poop on the deck!  (Just puppy poop!  LOL)

Beautiful here, even in the winter.  I can not believe that I am so blessed as to be able to live here!  My heart sings with joy!


Oh...this happened today!

Hahaha...look at his eyes!!

I mean really!!

I think I am in love!

I can not tell you how happy looking at these chicken photo's makes me!!

This is one of the two babes we have from our rooster and our the hens.  His name is Cocoa!  He was suppose to be a she.  LOL  Our hens won't go broody but a hen from our rooster and our hens should go broody and then they could hatch out chicks for us.  Alas, that was not to be because the other chick that was hatched out is a rooster, as well.  Sigh.


BUT Ducks!  Muscovy ducks are said to be great moms so when they go broody we can throw some chicken and duck eggs under them and they will hatch them out.  We will need to take the chicks away because mom will take them swimming and chicks REALLY don't swim.

And I made these Cheese Stuffed Pretzel Bites on the boys birthday.  One of his favourite things!  I wish I got a pic of him when he noticed that I was making these!!

Cheese Stuffed Pretzel Bites

Guess who my new favourite chicken is?


Awesome looking parrot!


Thank you for barring with me while I get my blogging legs back.  

Life is weird.

Comments