Bees Wax Infused Cloth



A little something that I have been wanting to do for quite some time.  Bees wax infused cloths!

I hate using plastic wrap or cling wrap or whatever you want to call the plastic stuff everyone wraps their food in or covers their plates/bowls with.  One use and it gets thrown away.  Hate all the waste.  

Like, with my large bread bowl!  I don’t make bread often because of the plastic wrap waste.  I’ve tried to just use a tea towel on this bowl while my dough rises but the dough dries out...and I have never like having a wet towel hanging over my dough, either.  




But this wax infused cloth is perfect!  I made two smaller cloths to try and get a feel for how much wax to use.  Then I made this large one!  Oh I love it!!

The warmth from your hands forms the wax cloth around the edge of your bowl or plate.  The wax creates an imperfect but good enough seal that keeps out air and moisture.  They are cleaned by wiping with a cool damp cloth.  A tiny bit of mild soap may be used if needed.  

I can’t wait to try them out on sandwiches!  

Sandwiches from the bread I make that is rising in the big bowl, right now!  





Comments